Sunday, March 25, 2012

Event Planning: The First Stages!


Hey, all!

Carrie was able to share with you a little bit more about her specialty in this process and now it’s my turn to elaborate. I first became interested in this event last year when Kelly Fox and Amanda Goeser created it. Carrie and I were their little minions and tried to help them as much as possible. That’s when we decided to take on the project ourselves for the following year.

Since starting my education at Truman I have realized how much I love event planning and every aspect that goes along with it. I wanted something that kept me busy and call me crazy, but that was in a high stress atmosphere as well. I hope to work as an event planner or something similar as soon as I graduate in May. I knew working with this for Communication students would give more experience in this field.

Over the course of our semester of planning, we have planned out week by week what we would like to do. Of course this has changed many times. Because we’ve changed our schedule so many times, it has helped remind us how flexibility is a key aspect of event planning. This aspect of planning an event can both be thrilling and stressful, but no matter what comes along, we have to deal with it in the best way we can.

We’re very excited to have such great alumni come back to Truman, but this has probably been one of the most difficult aspects of the process! The Truman alumni coming back are very successful and we’re thankful that they are taking time out of their schedules to share their expertise with us.  We’re going to start featuring who will make up our panel soon and I will be delving into the process of how we were able to bring the alumni to us in my next post.

We’re still taking submissions so make sure and submit something you have done in the Communication department. Have a good week and look forward to hearing from us on Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment