Monday, April 16, 2012

What are some of your favorite Comm memories?

Yes, we'll have two posts today. We just have a lot to share this week to get everyone excited about attending The COMMference. 

Our previous post has the press release that we have sent everywhere that we can to get the event itself publicized. This took several revisions and a lot of hard work. I myself had been a little rusty with press releases, so I really relied on Carrie's work. Dr. Y was right there the whole time to help us along the way. It reminded me how important writing skills can be in a field such as event planning. It took a lot of re-writes, but we're proud to have finished them. Last night we sent it to the student media and asked them to incorporate it into their stories this week. It is also featured in the Truman Today online edition. Check out the Communication Department Website as well for more information.

We took hard copies to the President and Provost's office and the Truman Institute. We also gave Dr. Davenport, the Dean of our program and Dr. Clark the department chair of Communication a copy. We wanted to spread the word about the event in as many places as we could.

We have a video to share that highlights random Communication students favorite memories within the major. I'm not very good at creating videos or using any kind of program that can do it for you, but I thought I would give it a try. I had to learn on my own. In event planning, you just have to be ready for whatever arises and the use of videos to grab the audiences attention seemed like a great idea. After messing around with it for a few hours, I was able to put something together that established our whole theme. I was willing to put in the effort and learn how to create a great publicity tool. 

Now enjoy the video and thank you to Blaise Hart-Schmidt, Andrea Hewitt, Shelby Sims, Sarah Reddekopp and Yabrell Newman for helping us out with this!

P.S. Look for another video soon on students talking about what they want to do with their Communication degrees!

No comments:

Post a Comment